The Accommodation Brokers Gift Vouchers Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Use (Terms) apply to all Gift Vouchers issued by The Accommodation Brokers.
Membership means your registered membership with The Accommodation Exclusive Leisure Travel Benefits Program and your account with The Accommodation Brokers on The Accommodation Brokers Website.
Gift Vouchers (s) means the gift card that you have purchased or received along with the accompanying Gift Vouchers Code.
Gift Vouchers Code means the accompanying redemption code for the Gift Vouchers which is provided at the point of sale following the purchase of the Gift Vouchers.
Remaining Gift Vouchers Value means, at any time, that portion of the initial value of your Gift Vouchers which is unspent and can be accessed as a credit in accordance with these Terms.
Website means www.theaccommodationbrokers.com.au
A reference to “we” or “us” is a reference to The Accommodation Brokers (ABN 87810678358).
A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the person who is in possession of the Gift Vouchers at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Vouchers on their behalf.
1. GIFT VOUCHERS REDEMPTION AND EXCLUSIONS
Except for the exclusions listed in paragraph 1.2 (Exclusions) below, the Gift Vouchers has a AUD dollar value that can be used as currency towards purchases on the Website.
The following are the exclusions applicable to the redemption of your Gift Vouchers:
- The Gift Vouchers is only redeemable for travel related purchases (third party supplier) that The Accommodation Brokers has a commercial relationship.
- Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen Gift Vouchers Codes cannot be replaced, refunded or redeemed;
- The Gift Vouchers and the accompanying Gift Vouchers Codes are not redeemable for cash.
- The Gift Vouchers and the accompanying Gift Vouchers Codes will expire in 3 years from the date of issue.
- Cash will not be given or credited for any unused amount.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Gift Vouchers or other forms of payment. Further, Gift Vouchers cannot be purchased with The Accommodation Brokers.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase airfares, travel insurance or any other ancillary products or services that The Accommodation Brokers do not have a commercial relationship with the supplier of said goods.
2. HOW TO PURCHASE AND UTILISE THE VALUE OF YOUR GIFT VOUCHER
2.1. In store Gift Vouchers purchases
You may select a Gift Voucher with a value of AUD $50, $100, $250, $500 or $1,000, as displayed on The Accommodation Brokers website carrier. Follow the instructions for payment, you will be issued with a gift voucher to the value you have selected with a specific gift voucher code.
Gift Voucher booking fees will be applied to each gift voucher you have purchased. The booking fee value is AUD$5.00 per gift voucher including GST.
To utilise your Gift Voucher contact our members service centre on 02 9802 2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise our members service centre contact of the gift voucher code to start the purchase process of the travel product you wish to obtain using your gift voucher.
2.2. All Gift Vouchers
Pay for your Gift Vouchers value with Australian Dollars using the payment method displayed on The Accommodation Brokers website or by electronic funds transfer into The Accommodation Brokers nominated account of your choice (other than a Gift Vouchers).
Gift Vouchers will be activated at the time that a purchase (or part purchase) is made with our members service centre.
3. USING YOUR GIFT VOUCHER
3.1. Making a purchase with your Gift Vouchers
If you are member or employee of the organisation that The Accommodation Brokers has partnered with you must be registered with The Accommodation Brokers Exclusive Leisure Travel Benefits Program or if are member or employee of the organisation that The Accommodation Brokers has partnered with and have not registered to be part of The Accommodation Brokers Exclusive Leisure Travel Benefits Program you must register to be able to redeem your gift voucher.
No change will be given for any Remaining Gift Vouchers Value. The Remaining Gift Vouchers Value may be used in whole or part as a credit to be used for future purchases until the Remaining Gift Vouchers expires.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you. Transactions are authorised by you by:
- Giving us details of the Gift Vouchers and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by us or
- Advising the Gift Vouchers Code by phone or email when a travel related purchase is required.
When you authorise a transaction:
- You are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and b. You are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value.
3.2. Purchases exceeding the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value
Your Gift Vouchers may only be used to make purchases up to the initial Gift Vouchers value or the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Gift Vouchers value or the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
3.3. Issue with goods or services purchased with a Gift Vouchers
If you have an issue with any goods or services that you purchased with a Gift Vouchers you should contact our members service centre on 02 9802 2074 or email us at email@example.com.
3.4. No cash advances
Gift Vouchers are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Vouchers, redeem your Gift Vouchers for cash or receive any portion of the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value in cash.
3.5. Checking your Gift Vouchers balance
You will not be sent statements of transactions on a Gift Vouchers. Once you have made a purchase with your Gift Vouchers you can check any Gift Vouchers balance by requesting a balance update addressed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.6. Can I exchange my Gift Vouchers?
You cannot exchange your Gift Vouchers for a different denomination or type of Gift Vouchers or for another form of payment, cash or discount.
3.7. Can I purchase a Gift Voucher using a Gift Voucher?
Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase another Gift Voucher.
4. EXPIRY, CANCELLATION AND RE-ISSUE OF GIFT VOUCHERS
4.1. Expiry of Gift Vouchers
Your Gift Vouchers will be valid for use for 3 years from the date of issue, for any purchase with The Accommodation Brokers. You should use all of the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value before the expiry date, on the expiry date Gift Vouchers have no value.
4.2. Cancellation and voiding of Gift Vouchers
- Gift Vouchers cannot be cancelled once they are issued except if voided by The Accommodation Brokers, if their value is used or if they expire.
- The Accommodation Brokers reserve the right to void any Gift Vouchers that appears to have been defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- The Accommodation Brokers reserve the right to cancel any Gift Vouchers, or the Gift Vouchers program, without notice, if reasonably necessary. In such instances (except those set out in paragraph b) we will elect to provide a refund or a replacement Gift Voucher.
- The Accommodation Brokers reserve the right to correct the balance of your Gift Vouchers if we believe that a clerical or accounting error has occurred.
- The Accommodation Brokers reserve the right to cancel any bookings made with Gift Vouchers that has been deemed to have been purchased with fraudulent funds.
4.3. Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Vouchers
A re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Vouchers is not available unless the fault or damage to the Gift Vouchers is proven to be a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of us or our agents or contractors.
5. LOST OR STOLEN GIFT VOUCHERS
Treat your Gift Vouchers like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Vouchers will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Vouchers will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Vouchers.
6. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND PROTECTING YOUR GIFT VOUCHERS CODE
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Vouchers including the confidentiality of the card number and the Gift Vouchers Code. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Vouchers including those which have occurred due to disclosure of your Gift Vouchers Code, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us.
7. CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time where the change is reasonably required and agree to provide you with at least 30 days’ notice of such changes. We will give you notice by posting the revised Terms on the Website.
8. PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You have certain rights under the Australian consumer legislation which cannot be excluded and are not affected by these terms and conditions. Except for those statutory rights, any conditions implied by any other laws are excluded from these Terms and Conditions of use. To the maximum extent permitted by law, if we are liable to you, our maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the Remaining Gift Vouchers Value on your Gift Vouchers.
10. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and Conditions of Use are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute in connection with a Gift Voucher is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.